This "real work" program helps an individual develop the necessary physical capacities, proper work habits and skills, and social and interpersonal skills to find and keep a job.
Program managers and supervisors provide ongoing support and training on the job site to ensure the participant's success. This service is provided at Nobis Works' Tommy Nobis Center or at a community based company such as the WellStar warehouse, Kroger, Owens & Minor, and others which serve as "host" companies for training and employment of Nobis Works participants.
Other specialized programs include classroom instruction, GED preparation, job readiness, work practices, mobility training (use of public transit), and other vocationally related topics.
Benefits of Working at a Community Site:
- Working on an actual job site provides the realistic environment of a competitive workplace.
- Individual course work and training in specific fields such as training in call center operations, customer service or help desk may be provided to employers with specific hiring needs.
- Job coaches are on-site daily, supervising participants.
- Participants who train at our community work sites earn a salary as they improve their work skills.
- Program participants receive customized training and on-site job coaching that enhance personal growth.
For more information about Employment Services, please contact the Work Adjustment Program Coordinator @ 770-427-9000 or email [email protected].